Dumping

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Dumping
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:04:40 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi,
 I tried to dump Emacs with some additional files loaded (not using
 temacs.exe though). I am using Emacs 21.1.90 (&Release) on NT 4.0
 built thru MSVC 6.0.

 $emacs --batch --load ~/utils.el
                --execute "(setq command-line-processed nil)"
                --execute "(dump-emacs \"dumped.exe\" \"emacs.exe\")

 I get a new dumped emacs which does not execute. I get a crash
 immediately after I execute (even with --no-init-file option). Please
 let me know where I am going wrong. Is there someone who is an expert
 on the UNEXEC method and dumping of Emacs. I am interested in
 understanding this concept (and also the portable dumper used by
 XEmacs). Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

with best regards,
dhruva

       |     Remaining time multiplied by distress is CONSTANT     |