(no subject)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:51:54 -0500

         Tak Ota on Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:11:49 -0800 (PST))
Subject: Re: ctext-pre-write-conversion barfs
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:11:49 -0800 (PST)
> From: Tak Ota <address@hidden>
>
> BTW, I just now tried to save this buffer and noticed that
> ctext-pre-write-conversion was invoked.  It is called 3 times for
> each save-buffer.  Here is the output from describe-coding-system.
>
> Coding system for saving this buffer:
>   x -- ctext-unix

Could you please find out how come the buffer's encoding got set to
ctext-unix?  It's a very unusual coding system for buffers.
Compound-text is normally used for X selections only.

The reason I'm asking you to look into this is that the assumption
behind the code I wrote for the ctext extensions is that ctext is not
normally used for file I/O.  There are limitations of the pre-write
and post-read conversions that make the modified ctext coding system
inappropriate for reading and writing text to/from multibyte buffers.
If ctext is used for file I/O, I will have to revert the decision to
call the new encoding `ctext', and will find some other name.

So please look into this.  Thanks in advance.