Re: mgp.el

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: mgp.el
Date: 28 Feb 2002 16:09:16 +0100

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:
>
> >    > > I have just read about mgp.el and I'd like to thank for that work.
> > Can you
> >    > > please fix the following issues and send it to address@hidden for
> >    > > inclusion? This could be really useful.
> >    >
> >    > Here's a version that hopefully fixes all the issues you mention and
> >    > some more.
> >
> > I vote for including that stuff into generic-x.el. If you agree on
> > that with me, I will take care of it.
>
> That would be fine with me.
>
> > P.S. Christian, please add "%charset" in the KEYWORD-LIST argument of
> > define-generic-mode.
>
> Yup, done. See the attached new version of mgp.el

Actually to followup to myself. After having done the research I
should have done in the first place, I found out that Magicpoint comes
with a file named mgp-mode.el which is also a Magicpoint mode.

It has more features than my barebones mgp-mode, e.g. it has keyword
completion, tempo.el-style code insertions and (that one is cute) can
jump to arbitrary pages of your presentation.

However, it is fairly old, has been subject to some bit rot
(e.g. fontification is done with hilit19, etc.) and it states that it
is based on Emacs 19.28.

I'll try to contact the original author and ask him if we could merge
the two modes.

--
Christian Egli
Acterna Zürich AG, Foerrlibuckstrasse 62, P.O. Box 74, CH-8037 Zuerich