address@hidden: customize dont offer to save session changes]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: customize dont offer to save session changes]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:23:34 -0700 (MST)

What do you think of this idea?

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E4rnestr=F6m Jonas?=" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: customize dont offer to save session changes
Sender: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:24:22 +0100 (MET)

>From a user-friendly program I expect to be notified upon exit, if I
have changed options in the session but not saved them, with a list of
the options and their currrent values, and a query if I want to save
them for the next session. I think Customize should include such a
mechanism. I dont think anyone likes losing settings without being
warned, for example absolute file names or other long handwritten
strings.