Re: Weird frame/buffer interaction

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Weird frame/buffer interaction
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:07:57 -0700 (MST)

    I just tried to create 6 windows on a frame (50x132) with

I can't even see the bottom window when I try this, not even with font 5x7.
So I can't debug it.  But I can answer some questions:

    Depending on the sequence in which the windows are split, the "magic"
    resizing of the windows seem to affect all or only some of the
    windows.  So it is might be related to "parent/child" window
    relationships?

Not in a case like this.  When all the splittings are vertical,
you get one set of equal siblings under a single parent window.

Can you make the problem happen using C-x ^?  That way you could
determine more precisely when the problem happens, so you could get
set up such that the next C-x ^ command will produce the problem.
That would make it more convenient to step thru and see why it
suddenly makes all the windows equal in size.