Re: Should invisible imply intangible?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should invisible imply intangible?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:04:51 -0500

> I wrote
>
>     The change in adjust_point_for_property seems ok, and it might solve
>     this problem.
>
> However, subsequently I realized it should be somewhat different.  The
> buffer position just after the invisible text should be treated as
> part of the range where point cannot be.  (This is how invisible,
> intangible text is handled now.)

But that would make it very awkward for the user to insert text
immediately after the invisible area.

If we still want to provide the illusion that the text really isn't
there at all, then we should treat either the buffer position
immediately before or immediately after as part of the intangible text,
depending on the direction of the motion (so that both positions
can still be reached "easily").

        Stefan