Re: Weird frame/buffer interaction

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Weird frame/buffer interaction
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:30:03 -0700 (MST)

I appreciate the effort that you are making to explore the envelope of
this bug, but that is not an effective way to get to the bottom of
things.  Information about the envelope of the bug will never lead us
to the cause of the problem.  That is not the way problems are found.

What would in fact help is a test case that we can really try.  I
cannot try the test case that was sent because I can't do anything
with such a tall frame.  Can you find a test case which uses
an ordinary size frame?

I suggest you read the Bugs section in the Emacs manual, which
explains what information will actually help find the bug.