Re: dired too SLOW

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: dired too SLOW
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 23:21:59 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
    I had this problem and commented-out the invocation of "df",
    from:

        insert-directory.el

    My dired's are now back to normal speed.

It is very strange that df should be so slow.
Normally it is very fast.  What is causing it to be slow?

I have seen df:s being very slow when a lot of network mounts where being used, especially with clearcase ( > 30 mounts).

I suspect some df sync:s by default and for some reason this might be slow.

        Jan D.