Re: PO files and Emacs

From: Neil Darlow
Subject: Re: PO files and Emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:10:36 GMT

Hi Richard,

On 3/10/02, 5:03:45 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Are you saying that this is a problem which po.el does not handle and
> that we need to fix?  The other messages don't seem to describe an
> outstanding problem.  They seem to describe a file that already works
> fine.

This whole discussion came about as a result of a bug report I filed
against the Debian packaging of emacs-21.1.

The situation is that po.el generates an argument type error when emacs
is started on a non-existant .po[tx] file.

If you create the file using touch, beforehand, po.el responds with a
basic PO template, as you might expect.

I believe that the behaviour of po.el requires fixing for the case of a
non-existent .po[tx] file.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.