Re: more shell-pcomplete UI regressions

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: more shell-pcomplete UI regressions
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:48:41 -0700

> For instance this used to work:

> ~ $ ls /com/mp3/albums/King\ Cr<TAB>
>     -| ~ $ ls /com/mp3/albums/King\ Crimson/

> ~ $ ls '/com/mp3/albums/King<TAB>

> In the old comint-dynamic-complete world, the leading quote enables
> comint-dynamic-complete to insert filenames without backslashifying
> all the spaces or other shell metacharacters.

Ah, this means the argument parsing function being used by pcomplete
for shell-mode is not good enough.  Since that is entirely
customizable, it could be fixed without touching pcomplete.

I guess it depends on whether RMS wants to try to make pcomplete work
or not.  If so, then I should probably use the old completion logic's
argument parsing function for use with pcomplete.

John