Re: Should invisible imply intangible?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should invisible imply intangible?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:41:47 -0700 (MST)

    isearch-open-invisible will call a user-supplied hook in order to make
    invisible texts appear when searching.  Those images I use in my
    buffer effectively make the original text invisible (for example, I
    replace $\frac{\pi}{3}$ by an image for the formula), so I want
    isearch to "open" them while going through the buffer.  isearch will,
    however, only call isearch-open-invisible if the text/overlay is
    marked as invisible, so that is what I do.

It would make more sense to modify isearch-open-invisible so it can
deal with these images in another way.  The invisible property should
override the display property and make the text it covers not appear,
not as itself, not modified by a display property.