Re: "Outer world" encoding for non-Latin1 language environments

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Outer world" encoding for non-Latin1 language environments
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:09:43 +0200

> From: Anton Zinoviev <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:13:13 +0200
>
> However Emacs beeps also for xkeysyms like ISO_Next_Group, thou it must
> interpret them the same way as Mode_switch.  This is a bug, I've
> attached the fix.

Can someone who knows about X keysym input please comment on this
change?

> Copying from an Unicode xterm gives Japanese double-width Cyrillic
> symbols.

That's probably something determined by the Unicode xterm--it needs to
decide what character set of those defined by ICCCM to use for Unicode
characters.  Perhaps there's some way a user can influence that
decision?  I don't have access to a Unicode xterm, so I cannot check.

Thanks for working on this.