Re: Updates to configure for make-network-process

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Updates to configure for make-network-process
Date: 19 Mar 2002 23:21:58 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> "David Ponce" <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > I successfully "make bootstrap install" latest CVS version of Emacs 21.3
> > with the following small patch to nt/config.nt and src/makefile.w32-in.
>
> Did it not build with those constants undefined?  Until that
> functionality can be verified on Windows (winsock differs from BSD
> sockets in subtle ways), I would prefer to leave these undefined in
> CVS.

How would you verify the features without defining them?

Having them defined is not supposed to change anything as long as you
don't use any of the new features of make-network-process.

But defining these now gives those who might be interested a chance to
try out the new features on Windows and provide feedback on whether it
is working - or what might be needed to make it work.

If we don't define them now, when do you propose to define them?