Re: address@hidden: asymmetries and contradictions in shell navigation u

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: asymmetries and contradictions in shell navigation using C-a and C-e on a prompt line]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:11:08 -0700 (MST)

    > That part bothers me.  Can we assign a coherent meaning to a field
    > property on an empty overlay?

    Well, input fields can be zero-width, so it sems like emacs has to be
    able to do _something_ for that case.  It could do so using the same rules
    it uses for field boundaries (which are also ambiguous, because you have

You may as well give it a try if you want.  However, I think that this
is likely to result in very little improvement for a lot of work.
With the same amount of work you could do one of the highest priority
tasks in the task list.