Re: table.el 1.6.1

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: table.el 1.6.1
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:38:56 -0500

> Attached is the latest table.el that does not use function advice
> anymore.  It depends on the new command remap feature therefore won't
> run correctly in the previous versions of emacs.
>
> So far I find one problem.  Somehow when point goes inside a table
> cell the table menu does not appear in the menu bar.  For this part
> the same code works fine under emacs-21.1.90 although command remap is
> missing.  Has the menu mechanism in keymap changed under 21.3?

I seem to remember that something was changed in that area as part
of the command remap thingy.  It was claimed at the time that
position-dependent menubar entries (i.e. menu-bar bindings in
`keymap' and `local-map' text properties) did not work and
should be taken out.
Are you saying that they did work ?

        Stefan