Re: table.el 1.6.1

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: table.el 1.6.1
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:26:35 -0700 (MST)

    Yes, the position-dependent menubar entry does work under 21.1.90,
    however does not work under 21.2.50 and 20.7.

We decided to stop supporting position-dependent menubar entries
because they did not work reliably.  Emacs does not recompute the
menubar when point moves, not in general.  We figured that turning this
off completely was easier than making the feature work well enough
to be used.

However, if it really needs to work, we could make it efficient.
Emacs could recompute the menu bar whenever the keymap or local-map
property at point now is different from the corresponding property
at point last time.