Re: table.el 1.6.1

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: table.el 1.6.1
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:48:04 -0800 (PST)

22 Mar 2002 16:12:46 +0100: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> I added "extern int update_mode_lines;" to make it compile.
>
> I then took Tak's table.el and removed the explicit calls to
>     (set-buffer-modified-p (buffer-modified-p))
> in the point-enter and point-left hooks.
>
> And it works!  The Table menu appears and disappears
> as I move in and out of the cells.

I suppose the minor mode indicator "Table" or "Fixed-Table" also
appears and disappears on the mode-line, right?  Then that is great!
I wasn't very happy about (set-buffer-modified-p (buffer-modified-p))
idiom because it is not self descriptive at all.  I hope your change
obsoletes this strange magic spell practice.

-Tak