Re: emacs 21.2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs 21.2
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:12:56 +0200

> From: Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:03:18 +0100
>
> There have been 21.2 pretests?  I haven't seen any announced.

The pretests were announced on emacs-pretesters.  I know that I didn't
dream, since about a dozen pretesters replied to some of those
messages.  If you read that list, but didn't see any announcements
about 21.1.x pretests, please tell me, and I will check the alias on
gnu.org.

> I haven't seen 21.2 announced either, for that matter.

It was sent to info-gnu-emacs and bug-gnu-emacs.  I've seen it in
bug-gnu-emacs, but I don't see it in the gnu.emacs.bug news group
(which probably means the gateway is hosed).

In general, there are grave problems with Emacs announcements (for
years, not just now).  They don't appear in all the places where they
should be.  We are trying to do something about that, so hopefully it
will get better for future releases.