Re: emacs 21.2

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs 21.2
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:13:44 -0700 (MST)

    I realise that Emacs releases have changed, and odd-numbered releases
    are different in some way to even-numbered releases,

We do not have any general convention about odd and even numbers.

    Many of the problems I raised since the last pretest (AFAIK 21.1.90,
    almost 2 months ago), which (AFAIK) were fixed when reported, are not
    fixed in 21.2.

That is because we put only safe and simple bug fixes into 21.2.  We
make a release like this from time to time when it seems important
and the next ordinary release is some time in the future.