Re: irepeat.el - repeat through history data FAST

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: irepeat.el - repeat through history data FAST
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:51:16 -0700 (MST)

    Hm, I actually thought that irepeat could be an alternative to or a
    replacement for completing-read.  But often this does not make sense,
    for example I have used irepeat for finding files -- but since irepeat
    searches a list of strings for matches, the really existing files are
    not used for completion, the file-name-history is.  In this case, how
    would you want to augment find-file with irepeat?

The completion facilities you add could have a switch so that they
disable themselves when file name completion is in use.
You can look at minibuffer-completing-file-name,
or at minibuffer-completion-table.

Please give it a try.