Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 19:28:20 +0100

> I realize that this doesn't help you a bit, but: please, _please_
> consider leaving Gnus free of the ORBS nuisance.  ORBS (and all its
> work-alikes) simply SUCK!  There should be no reason for Gnus to use
> any of their blacklists, as Gnus has enough power in its filters to do
> the same without blindly trusting someone's blacklist.

I think that should be up to the user.

ORDB (and friends) block based on open relays.  Others block based on
reported spammers (SpamCop), and things like Vipul's Razor block based
on a sha1 digest of the message body, and some do filtering based on
certain tell-tales.

Some of these require DNS lookups.

   address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen