Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:26:19 +0100

> Some of these require DNS lookups.

After a tip from Kai and some grepping around, I've found
`make-network-process' ("Datagram", not "UDP") in CVS Emacs.

I haven't yet started playing with it, but am I right in that nobody
has written a DNS layer for this yet?  If so, my plans are for writing
a dns.el to use `make-network-process' to implement a DNS lookup
thing.  (With several concurrent requests, time outs, etc.)

Please let me know if somebody has already done this.  :-)

   address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen