Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:50:13 -0700 (MST)

    I think that Eli's idea of renaming play-sound (now in C) to
    play-sound-internal and just adding

      (unless (fboundp 'play-sound-internal)
         (error "This Emacs binary lacks sound support."))

    at the beginning of real play-sound (which can be in Lisp after that) is
    also good solution. What do you think?

Either way.

       >     I can do that if you agree with this. I will also add
--with[out]-sound to
       >     configure.

I won't argue strenuously against it.