Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill
Date: 08 Apr 2002 10:23:40 +0900

> That is a good point.  Perhaps therefore font-lock should create
> overlays rather than text properties.  Overlays are not part of the
> text, and won't be copied when the text is copied.

As a practical matter, this may not be a good idea -- overlays seem to
be quite a bit more expensive than text properties.  I also think
text-properties are a better match with what font-lock does, modulo the
copying issue.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.