Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]
Subject: Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:06:12 +0200

Allow me to introduce myself: I am a member of the XEmacs review
board.

In a recent discussion on comp.emacs.xemacs and in private mail, Eli
Zaretskii and I were wondering how to ease communication between the
development teams of GNU Emacs and XEmacs.

Partly as a result of this discussion, I initiated the creation of a
new mailing list "xemacs-design", to which we're moving most traffic
related to the future development of XEmacs.  Here's the complete
charter:

> xemacs-design is an open list for discussing the design of
> XEmacs. This includes discussion about planned and ongoing changes to
> functionality and API changes and additions as well as requests for
> them. This is the primary channel for this kind of discussion; related
> code changes will usually not be applied until they have been
> discussed here. This does not include bug reports, which go to
> xemacs-beta.

GNU Emacs developers are very welcome on this list.  I hope this is at
least a small step forward, and hope that we can get a little bit more
cross-pollination between the Emacsen that way.