Re: address@hidden: [patch] factor out comment-or-uncomment feature from

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [patch] factor out comment-or-uncomment feature from comment-dwim]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:18:41 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> What about this modification to set-mark-command which simply turns on
> transient-mark-command (temporarily) if you repeat C-SPC immediately.

It would also work the other way round: if transient-mark-mode is
turned on, C-SPC once could do what it does now, but C-SPC twice
could deactivate the highlighting.

It appears that the problem with transient-mark-mode, for people who
do not like it, is: if you use C-SPC so that you can later can come
back to that spot with C-u C-SPC, then move the cursor, then there
will be a useless and visually disturbing highlight.

Myself, I use C-SPC C-g in such cases, but maybe C-SPC C-SPC is more
intuitive?

Opinions?

kai
--