Re: address@hidden: [patch] factor out comment-or-uncomment feature from

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [patch] factor out comment-or-uncomment feature from comment-dwim]
Date: 11 Apr 2002 11:48:14 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

   With transient-mark-mode off (nil), C-SPC C-SPC temporarily turns on
   transient-mark-mode (lambda), and another C-SPC turns it off (and
   moves the mark).

Wonderful.

   With transient-mark-mode on (t), C-SPC C-SPC sets and deactivates the mark.

I think that's good, too.

   As an added bonus, C-u C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC will pop back through the
   mark stack, i.e. only the first command needs the C-u prefix.

Not bad at all.  Yes, a nice idea.

   To set (reactivate) the mark immedately following a series of
   C-u C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC commands, use C-u C-SPC (or
   C-u C-SPC C-SPC to toggle transient-mark-mode).

Or even just give any other command, right?

   This is a significant deviation from the old behaviour of C-u C-SPC,
   but the new functionality is much easier to use...!

Yes, I think so.  Only sophisticated users know about C-u C-SPC, so
this problem may not be serious.  On the other hand, working with
Emacses of different versions could be annoying.  But overall I like
the idea.