XEmacs package code

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]
Subject: XEmacs package code
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:23:47 +0200

I should note that I am not the author of much of the package code per
se; Steve Baur is.  I have written all of the code dealing with path
management.

More importantly, the current design of the package system is
generally perceived as a failure in the XEmacs community, even by
Steve.  (I'll be happy to explain why if anyone's interested.)  Thus,
it may not be desirable to adapt this code for Emacs.

I have designed a new one, but have not been able to spend much time
on implementing it.  Once I do, I'll try my best to make the code
modular and sharable between the Emacsen.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike