Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:06:22 -0600 (MDT)

Given this info

      gnus-score.el (makes digits have whitespace syntax)
      ietf-drums.el (makes punctuation characters have whitespace syntax)
      mml.el (ditto)
      scheme.el defines ` and ' to have whitespace syntax
      speedbar defines many characters to have whitespace syntax
      bibtex (defines ~ to be whitespace)
      texinfmt (defines \ to be whitespace)

It looks like there is a real problem.  I guess we should not simply
change show-trailing-whitespace to use the whitespace syntax class.