Re: XEmacs package code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: XEmacs package code
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:27:38 -0600 (MDT)

    More importantly, the current design of the package system is
    generally perceived as a failure in the XEmacs community, even by
    Steve.  (I'll be happy to explain why if anyone's interested.)  Thus,
    it may not be desirable to adapt this code for Emacs.

    I have designed a new one, but have not been able to spend much time
    on implementing it.

It would be useful to explain why, and post your design--perhaps
someone here could help work on new package code.