Re: core dump while in gnus

From: Ralf Fassel
Subject: Re: core dump while in gnus
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:40:25 +0200

* Eli Zaretskii
| >     (gdb) p *current_buffer
| >     $7 = {
| >       size = 537002092,
| >       next = 0x10765200,
| >       own_text = {
| >     beg = 0x4060018 <Address 0x4060018 out of bounds>,
| >
| > If this is what happens, I suggest you add code at the places
| > that set the beg field which will check whether the new
| > value is invalid.

The problem is of course that this is the `current buffer', which is
changed quite often, and I cannot reliably reproduce this bug.
However, it should be possible to locate the last few changes when it
crashes.  I will have a check.

| The `size' member looks very suspicious as well, no?

No.  Remember, this is an EMACS_INT:

    (gdb) p 537002092
    $1 = 537002092
    (gdb) xint
    $2 = 131180

131kB is not unusual for a NNTP process buffer while reading news.

R'