Re: config.in

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: config.in
Date: 17 Apr 2002 00:59:02 -0400

[ No need to CC me ]

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 00:44, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt)
> > Date: 16 Apr 2002 23:21:24 +0200
> >
> > Should users use the CVS version of Emacs?
>
> We have anon CVS so they could.  Quite a few do.

As Miles said, those users are not the normal user; the CVS tree should
be intended for developers.  If we have a large number of "normal users"
using the CVS tree as their daily working environment, then this seems
to me to suggest that there is something wrong with our release process.

Incidentally, I'm working on tracking down authorship of the autogen.sh
included in the GNOME CVS repository; it wouldn't be hard to write our
own, but it would be good to reuse the already existing code.