Re: locate-file in Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: locate-file in Emacs
Date: 18 Apr 2002 23:25:19 +0900

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:
> > Why would this matter?  All existing user code would continue to
> > work
>
> How, if backward compatibility were broken?

Because (as far as I can see) Stefan proposed _adding_ a new
interpretation of one of the existing arguments, in a way that would
continue to allow the old usage.  The argument currently used for `mode'
would be extended to allow predicates as well, and the overlap between a
`predicate' and the existing allowable values for that argument is
small, and non-problematic in practice, I think.

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?