Re: bindings reserved for users

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: bindings reserved for users
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:37:15 +0200

> They already are reserved for users; the manual says so.
> Are you suggesting we change that?  Do you think the manual
> needs to say it more emphatically?

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to say: ... that consist of `C-c' followed by a
(lowercase or uppercase) letter.  I was confused about this issue
until I read your message.

I don't suggest to suddenly steal the bindings from the users, if
they were reserved for the users before.

What about non-ascii characters?  The characters themselves?  C-c
followed by such a character?  C-c followed by C-X where X is such a
character?  M-X where X is such a character?  I think it doesn't
really matter whether they are reserved for the users or not, but the
manual could state it.

kai
--
Silence is foo!