Re: minibuffer vs dialog-boxes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: minibuffer vs dialog-boxes
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:25:09 -0600 (MDT)

    In order to bring the user's attention to the minibuffer when an item
    such as "Edit -> Search" is activated from the menu, I was just thinking
    that we could draw a big rectangle around the minibuffer, blinking
    (or zooming in-and-out) until some input is typed in.

It might be good.  Or there could be a rectangle that starts out
where the menu was and moves very fast over to the minibuffer.
That might be a nice way to get the message across.