Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:40:26 +0200

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:06:46 -0400, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could you please post an
> exact recipe, starting with "emacs -q -nw"?  In particular, please
> identify precisely what line do you put the cursor on, preferably
> starting with "M-<" or something similarly unambiguous and moving with
> C-n or C-p.

I'm doing exactly what I've said in two previous messages, no more, no
less. After

   emacs -q --no-site-file -nw

from view-lossage:

<f10> e t s i <down> <right>

Now I do:

<up>

and Emacs hangs. In fact, in -nw mode C-g does not break it out of the
loop and I have to forcefully close the console window.

Without -nw the recipe is the same, except that it is not necessary to
set text to invisible & intangible. Just

is enough.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u