Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:32:33 -0400

> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:40:26 +0200
> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>

> <f10> e t s i <down> <right>
>
> Now I do:
>
> <up>
>
> and Emacs hangs.

Thanks, I see it now, at least in the MS-DOS version.  Curiously, in
a Unix tty Emacs doesn't hang.

> In fact, in -nw mode C-g does not break it out of the
> loop and I have to forcefully close the console window.

I suspect that's because C-g doesn't produce a signal on Windows.  I
can get the MS-DOS version out of the infloop with C-BREAK, which in
that version of Emacs does produce a signal that interrupts any code
(except for very tight loops and system calls).