Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Brady Montz
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 20 Apr 2002 09:28:54 -0700

Terje Bless <address@hidden> writes:

> Brady Montz <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >3. we have a nice set of tools for managing which files/buffers you
> >have open and how to switch between them: ibuffer, iswitchb, various
> >things like desktop.el, speedbar, buffer-menu, ...
>
> I've been using XEmacs for programming since the early nineties. I _still_
> have no clue how to switch between buffers from the keyboard! I keep going
> to the Buffers menu and selecting the one I want. In my "other editor" --
> BBEdit on Mac OS X; solidly planted in GUI land -- I /can/ switch between
> buffers from the keyboard.

iswitchb!!! Use it, live it, love it.

Comes standard with the latest xemacs I believe.

Since it came out, I've seen some packages which do similar things,
but I'm happily sticking with iswitchb.

As they say - "Emacs has a mode which will write your thesis for
you. Unfortunately, it'll take you 6 years to find it."

--
 Brady Montz
 address@hidden