Re: reducing defface redundancy

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: reducing defface redundancy
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:41:08 +0200

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, I think it would be far more useful to work on the UI,
> determine what it needs to become simpler or more useful, and then,
> afterwards, start to think about how to translate these changes to the
> Lisp interface.

I agree with Per.  Just remember what happened to custom-theme and
friends...  There just was no UI to actually handy all that ilisp
cleverness.  And compare the success of color-theme.el to that.  It is
much simpler (the elisp is a no-brainer), but the UI works.  And is
the important thing.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html