Re: terminal capability querying

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: terminal capability querying
Date: 22 Apr 2002 09:20:09 +0900

>     One feature that I think would be useful and easy to implement would be
>     the ability to query what capabilities (e.g., underlining, boldface) are
>     supported when emacs is running on a tty.
>
> Is there a way for Emacs to find this out?

The face code obviously has to know which features a terminal has (and
which escape sequences control them) in order to display any given
attribute.

I'm merely suggesting a way for lisp code to get this information.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche