Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 22 Apr 2002 12:18:26 +0900

    Michael> If the devlopers aren't interested in knowing why so many
    Michael> programmers these days are staying away from Emacs, then
    Michael> keep the UI problems and ignore Terje's suggestions.  He
    Michael> merely tried to help.

We (and that includes Hrvoje, who has done far more than his share of
translating UI ideas into code) certainly are interested; but we'll be
much more interested if we can see ways to keep the (X)Emacs we love
while making it more accessible to those who wish to use it
differently.

If one wants to write code, nothing's going to stop it.  Write it,
submit it, and if it really meets Terje's criterion of "power under
the hood with a simple presentation", it's a shoo-in.  If one doesn't
want to write code, OK, just advocate, but remember it needs to be
done in a way that persuades somebody else to do it.