Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:46:57 -0600 (MDT)

       > It might not be easy to find key bindings for it, though.

    I think it is very easy. We should use F10, and invent new variable
    f10-should-use-tmm (this is only idea to exactly describe its meaning...)
    defaulting to nil.

What key bindings does XEmacs use for this feature?
Maybe we should use the same ones, if there is no disadvantage.

Another menu feature that users have asked for is a way to display
proper-looking menus on ttys.  The idea is that they would look as
much like X toolkit menus as is possible on a tty.  These menus could
be implemented in xdisp.c by overwriting the menu contents into the
desired glyphs array for the frame.  (There is just one glyphs array
for an entire frame, on a tty.)

These menus could be controlled by the same tty commands that you
are implementing in menus under X.

This way we could replace tmm completely.