Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 22 Apr 2002 21:36:18 +0900

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
> Most of the new cross-referencing functionality in Emacs 21 was
> already part of the doc string widget used by customize.  I think
> duplicating the code just lead to inconsistencies and wasted effort.

My original suggestion for cleaning up the doc-string hyperlinks
(adding TAB support, etc) last fall was to use the widget library, but
Richard wouldn't allow that, because the widget library is such a huge
wodge of code, most of which is quite unnecessary for the simple
functionality used in help buffers (it's also far to slow to use for
things like apropos, which also need hyperlink support).

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!