Re: stipple in menu?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: stipple in menu?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:30:28 +0200

Pavel Janík wrote:
   From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:33:16 +0200

   > How does it look on a monochrome display?  I suspect that is the reason
for the
   > stipple in the first place.

I do not know, I do not have access to monochrome display and my XFree86
driver for my cards does not support monochrome. Can you, please, test it?

As expected, either white (== background) or black (== foreground) depending on which pixel one chooses for the shading colour. In the first case, it doesn't show at all, in the second case there is no difference from other entries.

However, I suspect not many people have monochrome displays nowdays. But if we wan't to keep support for monochrome displays, you can check with DefaultDepthOfScreen (XtScreen (mw)) == 1 if this is a monochrome screen and then fall back to stipple.

Or even simpler, if disabled_foreground is equal to the foreground pixel or equal to the background pixel, you should fall back to stipple.

But then again, it's been many years since I've seen a pure monochrome display.

        Jan D.