Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Latin-1 non breaking space not highlighted
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:37:20 -0600 (MDT)

    In my understanding, the purpose of show-trailing-whitespace
    is to tell users that there are characters that has space
    glyphs (thus invisible) at end of line.  So, yes, if some
    characters are displayed by SPCs because of display-table,
    it is better that we take that info account (although it may
    require a rather big change in the display engine).

I wouldn't do this if it took more than 5 minutes.
It is too obscure a case to be worth more than that much
of any of our time.

    >>  For instance, even if I set syntax of NBSP to "word
    >>  constitute",

    I really think NBSP should be highlighted also in such a
    (hypothetical) situation.  What do the other people think?

I agree.