Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:24:20 -0600 (MDT)

    I think they use A-<letter> to pop down the menu whose
    first letter is <letter> and then the same kind of thing to select
    entries inside menus (and probably A-next and A-prior to select by
    moving line-by-line).

We may as well support it too.

    I believe it was chosen because it's what Motif and W32 interfaces
    provide (and I expect GTK to offer similar things).  It has the
    disadvantage of relying on the presence of an Alt key which is not
    already used as a Meta key.

Yes, that is a disadvantage--but the worst that can happen if you
don't have such an Alt key is that this feature is not available to
you.  So we may as well support this feature.  But we should have F10
also.