Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: 23 Apr 2002 11:05:36 +0900

FWIW, I just looked at a mswindows box (kind of old, though, w95), and
it does:

   * F10 highlights the first menu-bar label, but doesn't drop any menu
     down until you hit down-arrow

   * ESC closes only the current submenu -- in fact, if you hit ESC
     while only a top-level menu-pane is displayed, it pops down that
     pane and keeps the menu-bar label highlighted

   * SPC doesn't seem to do anything (you have to use RET to toggle
     something in a menu, and that makes the menu go away)

[yeah, OK, MS isn't exactly famous for its UI acumen, but it's certainly
good for familiarity-to-the-masses]

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research