Re: init_buffer PWD fix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: init_buffer PWD fix
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:56:41 +0300 (IDT)

On 22 Apr 2002, Jason Rumney wrote:

> But there is also a reimplementation of stat() in
> w32.c, which is not disabled.  I think that is what we really want,
> isn't it?

Yes.  But our implementation of `stat' always returns zero for inodes of
directories (because the inodes it computes need a value available via
GetFileInformationByHandle, and Windows won't let you open a directory).
So this implementation doesn't help for directories, which is the cause
of the OP's problem.

So I think in the case of directories, some simulation of inodes is
necessary.