Re: portable dumper (Re: window.c initialization fix)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: portable dumper (Re: window.c initialization fix)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:31:01 -0600 (MDT)

      The aim of the portable dumper is to solve the same problem as the
      system-specific dumper, that is to be able to reload quickly, using
      only a small number of files, the fully initialized lisp part of the
      editor, without any system-specific hacks. (XEmacs Internals Manual)

    I have done with the portable dumper for Meadow, and now we (Meadow
    developers) are testing it.

I am confused here.  Is the portable dumper an existing part of XEmacs,
or is it something you are writing now?  Did you write the whole
portable dumper, or did other people write some of the code in it?

What is Meadow, and how does it relate to XEmacs?

      Soon I will make a patch for FSF Emacs.

Please don't call our program "FSF Emacs"--that name was put forward
by people who were not working with us, and we have never wanted it.