Re: init_buffer PWD fix

From: 宮下 尚:HIMI
Subject: Re: init_buffer PWD fix
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:38:41 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Windows dose not have symbolic link and if the current directory
>> permission dose not allow to enter, we cannot invoke any programs.
>
> True for now.  But suppose we introduce into Emacs support for
> Cygwin-style symlinks some day--are we supposed to go through all the
> primitives and invent Windows-specific code to handle that?

Hmm...  Sorry, I might partly misread this passage.  Would you like to
set the default directory that is not compatible with Windows API?  If
it's correct, what I said in the previous mail is not correct because
SetCurrentDirectory() would fail.

But, in this situation(to support Cygwin Symlink), do we have to simply
port Emacs to Cygwin API complient?  I doubt that it's useful...

  With regards,

from himi